Anderson Feed Mill & Supply Complex
THE METAL SIGNS & HISTORIC CONTENTS
"Even in its abandoned condition the Anderson complex is a rare surviving example of this property type in the region and exhibits a remarkable level of integrity."
The Accord Historic District is located in the Rondout Valley in the southeastern part of the Town of Rochester in Ulster County, New York. The district encompasses the hamlet of Accord, which has been the town center since the Delaware & Hudson Canal established Port Jackson there in 1825.
The town center expanded and prospered during the first half of the 20th century. Commercial establishments multiplied along what had become known as Main Street. Stores provided market goods as well as fresh produce and provisions to the neighborhood, while ice cream and candy shops, pool halls and other attractions entertained the tourists boarding at local guest houses and resorts. Farm and household supply facilities were built near the depot, of which the storage buildings associated with a large feed and coal supply business is a rare and significant feature.
The contents inside the building or dated from the late 1800s to the 1960s.
Scott Daniel's will be exhibiting and presenting these contents for sale.
Early Marble 1900's Soda Fountain Bar
Country Cupboard Desk
Postcard Collection (Pre 1910)
Large Beacon Feed Sign
Wood Bar with Ticket Window
1800s Sulky Horse Cart
Large Metal Red Rose Feed Sign
Assorted Wood Shipping Crates
Price: $50.00 to $120.00
Mid-1800s Blanket Trunk
Any purchase of the above-listed items comes with a Certificate of Authenticity explaining the provenance. Please contact us at (845)372-4787 for further details regarding the contents of this historic property.
1959 Large Vintage Metal "Beacon Feed Sign"
Beacon feeds service sign manufactured by A-M Sign Company, Lynchburg Virginia. Sign measures 44.5 inches by 115.5 inches.
Dimensions: 44.5 x 115.5 inches
Medium: Vintage Advertising
Provenance: The Anderson Property